Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Isaiah (the book not the baby)

So I'm at work so blogging is not really okay but I just wanted to share a quick note. I've started trying to read through the book of Isaiah lately. I chose Isaiah for a few reasons--- I mean, the fact that my nephew is named after this prophet is definitely one of them, in addition to the fact that I've never really read it but lately I've heard many passages from it used in various sermons. Also, I know the book is full of God's promises...and I feel like it would be good for me to focus on his promises more. So anyways, today I read chapter 2 (just started yesterday) and the first time I read it I was a little like "ouch" because its just a harsh chapter. But then when I went back and read it again, I was able to find quite a few very uplifting things among the warnings that Isaiah speaks of. Specifically verses 3-5:

...Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob, the he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths...
and the shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into purning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore. O house of Jackob, come, let us walk in the light of the Lord...

I think those are some good things to remember. And i also think its important in life to go back and think things through to find direction of God in them. It was easy for me to find this to be a harsh chapter, but I found the true hope in the chapter when I went back and looked through it again.

Anyways, back to work....

No comments: