Saturday, December 5, 2009

About Me...(with a side of pop culture)

So I just went back and looked at my last 2 blogs. And I feel like they possibly couldn't be more different. One was all about my ministry and my commitment to showing high school friends the love of Jesus...and the other was about this pop star that most people that are on board with the whole Jesus thing don't necessarily see the appeal of. Yet, I love Jesus...and I love Lady Gaga (for those of you that are starting to question my Jesus loving, let me clarify that the love I have for Jesus is a lot different and realistic to me). I also love the David Crowder Band....and Britney Spears.

I'm just kind of like that though. If you're wanting the type of person you could easily put in a box...you might as well slide on by me. That's why I really hate those "about me" sections on anything. I mean, is it normal for people to feel comfortable putting into a few words what it is that defines them? Because for me, I just feel like there's so many different layers of who I am...that come out in so many different ways at different times...and then there's the things about me that I feel like have to come out in everything...no matter who I am. Such as my relationship with Jesus...its so much a part of me that I feel like it has to affect every part of my life. And then there's the fact that I tend to be a brat...unfortunately that also comes out in many parts of my life....you'd think I would grow out of that...but who knows. I also like to categorize myself as a hippie, nerd, redneck, thug, with a little bit of prep mixed in. How's that for a combo?

This is a rambling post...I'm aware...so if you're reading it and wondering why you're still reading...well....to be honest, I'm wondering why I'm still typing...but so it goes.

In other news, the whole Tiger Woods thing really upsets me...not that I don't feel the need to have grace for him...but just that it happened. It reminds me how stupid it is to put people on a pedestal...but at the same time, its hard for me to thing that I don't want to admire anybody...so where is the balance there? I'm easily disillusioned with the world...which I guess is a good thing...because to be satisfied with this world would be a bad thing...but it makes me sad.

Random thought #67686: I'm currently addicted to the TV show Gossip Girl...its ridiculous. If thats really how life is on the Upper East Side in NY than I really hope they have a strong YoungLife program there :).

Last thing: I recently gave in and downloaded the first episode of Glee...I hope I hate it because I'm really trying not to be that person that just loves whatever is popular...but its inevitable that I'll probably become a fan. Gotta love being a pop culture sellout.



No comments: